From "" <>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Clustering (and MySQL Replication)
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:04:30 GMT
I think I found what I was searching for:

The RemoteCommitProvider must be set up and notify the other instances to
have a cache synchronization.

I am not sure about the primary key issue yet, I guess there must be some
kind of solution to let the database-cluster manage the sequences/pk's, so
that multiple instances can write to the same database-cluster at once
without primary key duplication/constraint errors.

2013/1/15 <>

> Hi,
> we are currently drafting/implementing some clustering mechanisms for
> Apache OpenMeetings.
> I have seen OpenJPA supports the MySQL Replication feature:
> which is great!
> However it solves only one side of the cluster: Having the database
> clustered.
> What happens if you want to cluster OpenJPA itself on multiple nodes? Each
> OpenJPA instance would have its own data-cache, how can you make sure those
> caches are synchronized across all nodes in your cluster?
> And how would you solve the primary key/sequencer issue? When multiple
> instances write to the same database they could potentially try to create a
> record with the same primary key.
> Thanks!
> Sebastian
> --