From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue-512
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 03:40:05 GMT
then you still need to lookup the Client object by its streamid. Which
means a database request. That is something we don't want. Also the Client
gets persisted to the database. IClient can't be persisted.
We could do it the other way round:
We could add the entire Client object into the IClient.

For example:
In SessionVariablesUtil.java
client.setAttribute("rcl", $ourClientFormerlyCalledRoomClient);

and to have the publicSID for a specific IClient we could do something like:
((Client) client.getAttribute("rcl")).getPublicSID();

The problem will be: The IClient only will hold a reference to a concrete
_instance_ of the Client object.
But if you persist the object to the database and do a SELECT statement and
request that from the database via the EntityManager you may get a _new_
instance of that "Client" (so the same ID but another object instance).
So if you do a query like "update client set publicSID = "xyz"" this will
of course _not_ update the publicSID in the IClient.
You would still end up with manually updating the attribute in the session
cache and sync those objects.

You could potentially have a single attribute that way, but I don't think
that makes it more easy. You have then database objects and somehow link
some of those instances into a session-cache. I also don't know how OpenJPA
will handle that.

Sebastian

> Maybe we can have reference to IClient inside Client? so all necessary
> fields can be stored inside IClient, and they will be updated automatically?
>

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
> seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I feel this code need to be redesigned :( I don't really like publicSID
>> stored in 2 places ... too much space for the error :(
>> => well actually this is exactly what I am doing no, refactor in order to
>> have the publicSID in two places.
>> One time in the database/sessionstore second time in the IClient.
>> If you don't have the information in the IClient you need to access the
>> full Client-object, which would mean that you need to make a request to the
>> database. Accessing db objects during sync methods will destroy our
>> performance.
>>
>> Sebastian
>>

>> 2013/1/24 Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Thanks for the update.
>>> I did check all the places publicSID is get changed and seems to fix
>>> them all.
>>>
>>> I feel this code need to be redesigned :( I don't really like publicSID
>>> stored in 2 places ... too much space for the error :(

AEC).

Sebastian

My