From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about db cache
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 23:59:15 GMT
Hi there,

cache is semi enabled. Query cache is disabled, data cache enabled.

The cache was disabled since the Asterisk integration.
I started a discussion about the db cache some time ago:
http://markmail.org/message/5mw6cr4ihpkxcsfi

You can't disable the cache for a certain query from my point of view, you
can only disable it for certain entities.

There is an example mentioned about howto disable certain entities from
caching in my post.

The current status is: Cache is semi enabled. Why? Because nobody had the
time yet to complete it really.

One open question is for example: What happens if you disable the cache for
a certain entity but the entity is part of another entity that is cached.
Or in other words: How will cascading entities that have 1:n relations
behave if you disable the cache for some of them.
So first we would need to identify the current tables/entities that need
write-access by a 3th party tool (Asterisk is the only 3th party tool as
far as I know). Then to check if those are used in any other entity or
"Joined" in any other query.
Then we could disable the cache for those entities and enable query and
data cache for the rest and somebody with a running Asterisk integration
could do a check if the caching works as expected.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock