From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] cluster API - extending the Client with a server attribute
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 04:34:33 GMT
I was thinking about that, but there are several issues with it:

1) where should this address be taken from? You would need to read it from
System.getProperties().
That means you have OS specific stuff in your code. Or you will end up in
writing this attribute in the some startup script. I would rather then
configure it in the spring config.
2) What if the server has not configured the public host address because it
is sitting behind some corporate firewall. Internally the host might have a
different or multiple names.
3) What if you have multiple instances running on the same host (okay makes
no sense from scaling point of view, but testing is more easy if you can
configure a cluster locally by running 2 instances on the same host with
different ports)

Sebastian

>>> http://www.webbase-design.de
>>> http://www.wagner-sebastian.com