From Vieri <rentor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: control resource usage on calandar event and room creation
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:25:28 GMT
I'm evaluating the possibility of writing my own UI (web) and use SOAP/REST to interact with
OM. Unless of course, the OM UI already does this for me but at first glance, it doesn't seem
to. Is that right?

So if I were to make my own UI, maybe the general idea would be:

1) block all user logins to OM web UI and allow only admin or SOAP user logins

2) use the RoomService webservices to determine current and future "resource usage". eg. getRoomsWithCurrentUsers
and getRoomCounters could give me the information I need regarding how many conference rooms
and users are available and will be available at any given time.

3) if point (2) is satisfied then I would then use SOAP methods to generated calendar events
and conference rooms via SOAP.

Is this the way to go or can the OM UI already do this for me? I'd prefer to use the OM UI
especially because of the built-in calendar UI...

Thanks,

Vieri