From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject some issue with the chat panel and the fontsize
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 23:04:18 GMT
Hi Alexei,

Happy Christmas :) I hope you had some nice holidays!

I have some questions regarding the code for the font sizes.

The icon that you are using, we should not include the icons and compile it
into the application. We have a theme XML file.

Have a look in chatTabBottom.lzx Line 173:
<miniIconsImage src="$once{ canvas.getThemeImage('button_cancel_rsc') }"

button_cancel_rsc is the name of the ressource configured in the
default-theme.xml file.

Also we need to make sure that all our icons are compatible with the APL.
Where did you copy the font.png from, what License is it?
I see that there are some other icons in the file:
WebContent/src/modules/conference/tabcontent/chat/library.lzx that have no
License.
I guess some of them are not even in use and can be deleted.
However every icon that we include needs a proper documentation where it
has been copied from.
See for example:
WebContent/src/modules/conference/tabcontent/library.lzx:

    <!-- FamFam Icon Set -->
    <resource name="messagebox_info_rsc" src="resources/information.png" />

The comment tells anybody that we have taken that icon from the FamFam Icon
set. And in our NOTICE file we have this comment:

This product includes icons from FamFamFam Icon Set Silk.
http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

The comment links to the NOTICE, and in that sense we have the correct
attribution of the Icon done.
However for those font size icons there is no attribution at all. We can't
release that.

Also the icons itself look not sharp, the reason is that you are stretching
them. Is there a reason for stretching the icons? If there is no real need
for a stretch then it would look much better if you would use the icons in
its original size and modify the surrounding box to match the icons,
instead of stretching every icon to fit into your box (or you look for
icons that have the needed 24x24 size). The icons you are using are 16x16
so you should actually use that for the UI also.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock