From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRAFT] OpenMeetings Podling Status Report December 2012
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 09:26:24 GMT
Hi,

I have shaped some basic information about the project. Please
add/discuss/remark whatever you think is missing:

Openmeetings

Openmeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white
board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using
API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.

OpenMeetings entered the incubation on November 12, 2011.

Project and community status:
  * Roadmap for OpenMeetings 2.1 and 3.0 has been discussed
http://markmail.org/message/ugazdo4xgclakrib Version 3.0 is mainly about a
HTML5 version of OpenMeetings. Discussion resolution was to choose Wicket
as basic JavaScript framework and jQuery for pure client side tasks. By now
we did already implement an HTML5 interface for the administration section.
Discussion which approaches to use for the actual conferencing part is
still ongoing
* A testing application for AEC (Acoustic Echo Cancellation, build into
Flash Player 11.2) was implemented and is in review
http://markmail.org/message/g2zdwuruu7vuizvg
 * A new clustering of OpenMeetings will be available with the next release
of the 2.x tree, we have been discussing some approaches, see
http://markmail.org/message/jvkawqwqrpajk2qo and working on the
implementation
 * Plugins are now hosted at apche-extras.org, index of plugins:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/search?q=openmeetings
 * A fast feather track was presented at the ApacheCon EU:
https://blogs.apache.org/openmeetings/entry/openmeetings_apachecon_presentation_slide
 * A vote is open for Graduation of OpenMeetings from Incubator:
http://markmail.org/message/m23h7qaolwuma2dg

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock