From greenes <zurca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arabic support in Open Meeting
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2012 17:10:13 GMT
Hi A.A.

If you like have OM 2.1 in your ubuntu 12.04 iso
do so:

In OM 2.0 make a backup. Go to:

Administration --> Backup --> System Backup

...and save the file that later will be imported to OM 2.1.

Now go to:

Administration --> Configuration

...and copy to a text file the path to:

ffmpeg_path
jod.path

...later you must type it in the OM 2.1 installation.

Login off OpenMeetings and stop it:

/etc/init.d/red5 stop

1)
In /opt make a folder called red5:

mkdir /opt/red5

Download OM 2.1:

cd /opt/red5

wget
https://builds.apache.org/job/openmeetings/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/singlewebapp/dist/apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.1.0.r1426086-26-12-2012_2314.tar.gz

2)
Uncompress the file:

tar zxvf
apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.1.0.r1426086-26-12-2012_2314.tar.gz

3)
Copy:

cp /usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.20-bin.jar /opt/red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/lib

4)
Make owner nobody to OpenMeetings:

chown -R nobody /opt/red5

5)
Build a database in MySQL.

http://localhost/phpmyadmin

name = root
passwd = 123456

(that if you don't haved changed it)

UTF-8 general-ci

6)
Configur the acces to database in:

/opt/red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF

...rename:

persistence.xml

persistence.xml-ori

...and

mysql_persistence.xml

persistence.xml

Now edit:

gedit /opt/red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml

...and change in line 78:

, Url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/here_the_name_of_your_data_base?

...in line 83 change the user database name:

, Username=here_the_database_user_name

...in the line 84 type the user database password:

, Password=here_the_password"/>

7)
Edit:

gedit /etc/init.d/red5

...modify the line 9:

RED5_HOME=/usr/lib/red5

RED5_HOME=/opt/red5

8)
Now make the installation of OM 2.1.

/etc/init.d/red5 start

And go to:

http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/install

In the installation type the path:

ffmpeg_path
jod.path

Once the installation is finished login on
and go to:

Administration --> Backup --> System Backup --> System Import

...select the file that you got it in the beginning backup.

If you need some more help please tell it.

Alvaro