From Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: oozie database creation tool
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:42:38 GMT
Hi Kamal,

When implementing ooziedb I've tested with MySQL 5.0.x and 5.5.x and
it just worked.

Can you please explain how you were getting the error, the exact error
you were getting and where do you did the change for this error not to
happen anymore?

Thxs.

Alejandro

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Kamal Hakim <Kamal.Hakim@aexp.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohammad,
>
> YES. This is just what I needed. I had to change the SQL sschema file a bit from TYPE=innodb
to ENGINE=innodb to work with Mysql 5.5. Once I compiled the ooziedb.sh and the CLI Java source
with dependincies, I ran the ooziedb.sh create with -sqlfile schema.sql parameter. This exported
the database schema info to a file where I could edit it to work with MySQL 5.5 now all was
well!!

> Thanks !!
>

> - Kamal Hakim
>

> _______________________________________

be helpful. specially the NOTE.
> http://incubator.apache.org/oozie/docs/3.1.3/docs/AG_Install.html#Database_Configuration
>

> Anyway, the following links has the ooziedb.sh and other related script.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oozie/trunk/tools/src/main/bin/ooziedb.sh
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oozie/trunk/utils/dbutils/updatescripts/
>

> Regards,
> Mohammad

in oozie-site.xml I have the mysql conenction jar setup correctly.

> My only issue if when oozie attempts to create the database schema he uses an old version
of MySQL SQL staements which includes (TYPE=innodb). So I am wondering how I can resolve this
issue please.

> Can you tell me where I can find the correct schema for creating the oozie database?
>
> Is there a link to the ooziedb.sh creation tool?
>

> THANKS!!
>

> Regards,
> Kamal Hakim
> American Express made the following annotations on Tue Apr 10 2012 08:53:09

> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments
is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

> American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant le Tue Apr 10 2012 08:53:09
>
> Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire
indiqué et peuvent renfermer des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes
pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du
courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par
erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les
pièces jointes. Merci.