From Prakhar Srivastava <prakhar....@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to add Hive UDF jar to Hive action node
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:22:57 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to add a Hive action node to a Oozie workflow. For this, I
first added a <file>myjar.jar</file> element in the workflow XML. and
copied the myjar.jar to the HDFS in the same directory as the workflow. I
also have a *ADD JAR myjar.jar *statement within my Hive script.

However, Oozie complains that myjar.jar does not exist.

I then tried copying the jar to share/lib/hive/ directory and added
*hive.aux.jars.path
*property in hive-site.xml  to this directory .I am providing hive-site.xml
to the workflow XML in the *jobxml* element. Now expecting that classed
within my jar will be in the classpath by adding the above property, I
removed the ADD JAR statement. However this time, Ooozie compains CLASS NOT
FOUND for the temporary UDF function contained in the jar.

I am using Oozie-3.2 SNAPSHOT.

Can someone tell the correct way of adding Hive UDF jar in Oozie workflow.

Thanks,
Prakhar