From Matthew Rathbone <matt...@foursquare.com>
Subject Re: a hive thrift alternative
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:18:23 GMT
FWIW - we've had horrible problems with the hive thrift service. We get
constant OOME's, and running multiple jobs concurrently is prone to
problems.

We actually just moved all of our hive processing to using the CLI
implementation in oozie from initially using the hive service. Don't think
we're the only people having issues either (
http://blog.milford.io/2011/07/productionizing-the-hive-thrift-server/).
So far the hive-cli interface has been much more stable.

--
Matthew Rathbone
Foursquare | Software Engineer | Server Engineering Team