From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Authentication problems
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2012 02:39:07 GMT
+bigtop-dev

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Dan Feldman <hriundel88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run a job (as a root), but I'm getting the following:
> JA009: Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP 127.0.0.1
>
> I'm using BigTop's installation of hadoop and oozie, and everything was
> installed as root. There are no "hadoop" or "oozie" users/groups as far as
> I know.

Which release of Bigtop? Hopefully its 0.3.0. There definitely should
be user/groups
for oozie and hadoop created. If not -- that'll be a bug and I'd appreciate you
telling us more about your setup so that we can try to reproduce it.

Also, are you running a pseudo-distributed (on a single node) or a
fully distributed
one (one multiple nodes)?

> org.apache.oozie.service.KerberosHadoopAccessorService$4.run(KerberosHadoopAccessorService.java:227)
>    at
> org.apache.oozie.service.KerberosHadoopAccessorService$4.run(KerberosHadoopAccessorService.java:222)

Judging by this output it feels like you're running a secure
installation of Hadoop
(with Kerberos enabled). If that's the case you simply can't use "special" users
(such as root) to submit jobs unless you configure Hadoop to specifically allow
that (which you really shouldn't). More on that over here:
    http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/cluster_setup.html
(scroll to the taskcontroller.cfg section).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Roman.