From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication problems
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:41:39 GMT

On Apr 28, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>> <property>
>>>    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts</name>
>>>    <value>*</value>
>>>  </property>
>>
>> I don't think you can use wildcards here.  I believe you need to, unfortunately,
pass in IP addresses.

> You sure can. It is allowed. In Bigtop we have the following by default when you
> install hadoop in pseudo distributed configuration.
>
>  <property>
>    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.oozie.hosts</name>
>    <value>*</value>
>  </property>
>  <property>
>    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.oozie.groups</name>
>    <value>*</value>
>  </property>

Isn't that part of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6995 which currently is only
committed to Hadoop 0.23?

I still wish that relatively trivial ticket was committed to Hadoop 1.0.x - I think it would
alleviate a lot of frustration for new Oozie users, which I think would help Oozie's uptake.