From Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Oozie setup issue
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 00:09:38 GMT
[moving this  thread to cdh-user@ alias as it is a CDH related issue,
oozie-users@ BCCed]

Matthew,

The Oozie binaries are owned by root, but the Oozie data directories
/var/lib/oozie, /var/log/oozie, /var/tmp/oozie are own by the 'oozie' unix
user.

If installing oozie from CDH RPM you don't need to run chown, nor need to
add OOZIE_CHECK_OWNER, nor need to add oozie to the sudoers.

You have to start/stop Oozie using the /sbin/service command 'sudo
/sbin/service oozie start' That will start Oozie with the correct user.

If you started Oozie with root unix user the first time, all the Oozie data
directories will have files owned by root thus will fail when trying to
start with the oozie unix user.

I'd suggest doing a clean install and starting Oozie with the 'sudo
/sbin/servce oozie start' command. That should would.

Thanks.

Alejandro