From Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to get all PIG error codes in Oozie?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:28:55 GMT

Hi Marek,

Oozie uses the PigRunner API to submit pig job for pig versions 0.8 and
above. Currently, when a pig job ends, Oozie uses return code 2 for failure
and 0 for success. (More on Return Codes:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.9.1/api/org/apache/pig/PigRunner.ReturnCode.ht
ml, http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449302641/running_pig.html)
So, I don't think you can get all error codes of Pig through a pig job.

Alternatively, you can try using PigRunner API in Java code as Oozie
supports java action. There you can have your own logic of returning the
error codes thrown by Pig.

Thanks,
Virag