From Deepak Reddy <dre...@couponsinc.com>
Subject RE: mysql setup for oozie
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:09:35 GMT
Thank you for the instructions.

Appreciate it.

DR

-----Original Message-----
From: shaposhnik@gmail.com [mailto:shaposhnik@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Roman Shaposhnik
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 8:48 AM
To: oozie-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: mysql setup for oozie

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Deepak Reddy <dreddy@couponsinc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please point me to instructions on how to setup oozie with mysql.
>
> I couldn't find clear instructions online on what all files we need to change and how
to verify oozie is using mysql.

Yeah, this is a definitely the area where docs should be clear(er).
Here's what you do:
   1. Get a jdbc connector jar from here:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/
   2. Run the following command (as user oozie):
           sudo  -u oozie <path-to-oozie-installation/oozie-setup.sh
-jars <path-to-connector-jar>
   3. Create the following DB in your MySQL and grant privs on it:
           # mysql -u root -p
           create database oozie;
           grant all privileges on oozie.* to 'oozie'@'localhost'
identified by 'oozie';
   4. Replace the following properties in your oozie-site.xml with the values give below:

    <property>
        <name>oozie.service.StoreService.jdbc.driver</name>
        <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
        <description>
            JDBC driver class.
        </description>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>oozie.service.StoreService.jdbc.url</name>
        <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/oozie</value>
        <description>
            JDBC URL.
        </description>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>oozie.service.StoreService.jdbc.username</name>
        <value>oozie</value>
        <description>
            DB user name.
        </description>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>oozie.service.StoreService.jdbc.password</name>
        <value>oozie</value>
        <description>
            DB user password.

            IMPORTANT: if password is emtpy leave a 1 space string, the service trims the
value,
                       if empty Configuration assumes it is NULL.

            IMPORTANT: if the StoreServicePasswordService is active, it will reset this value
with the value given in
                       the console.
        </description>
    </property>