From Deepak Reddy <>
Subject RE: Oozie coordinator xml data input dependency
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 03:06:55 GMT
My job A writes the output as data/user/dreddy/input/yyyyMMddHHmm (5min freq)

Each instance of job B (5min freq) should look for corresponding job A directory as above

So in my <datasets> tag I have hdfs://${namenodeval}/data/user/dreddy/input/${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}${HOUR}${MINUTE}

Where initial instance of job A is same as startdate of job B

Also in the <input-events> section I have the start and end instance as ${coord:current(0)}
(since job B is dependent on only one dataset of job A)

I created 2 instances of job A as /data/user/dreddy/input/201110010545 and /data/user/dreddy/input/201110010550

And when I ran the XML I see that the coord jobs are in Waiting state all the time (doesn't
launch any workflow jobs)

Am I missing something in my coord XML ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Angelo K. Huang []
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Oozie coordinator xml data input dependency

If you want to specify the time stamp at url-template, there are other variable that you can
use: For example, ${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}${HOUR}.
The coord:nominalTime
is not available at url-templates. Could you try use YEAR, MONTH, etc at your coordinator.xml's
dataset instead? Let us know if it works for you.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Deepak Reddy <> wrote:

> Hi,
> In my coordinator.xml I have a data input dependency
> When I try to use a coord:formatTime EL function in the <uri-template>
> and try to run the job it gives me
> Unable to evaluate
> :hdfs://${namenodeval}/data/user/input/${coord:formatTime(coord:nomina
> lTime(),
> 'yyyyMMddHHmm')}: ], java.lang.Exception: Unable to evaluate
> :hdfs://${namenodeval}:54310/data/user/dreddy/input/${coord:formatTime
> (coord:nominalTime(),
> 'yyyyMMddHHmm')}
> Cant I use EL functions in the <datasets> part of the XML (the EL
> function works for me in the <configuration> part)
> Removing this EL function works for me but I would like to specify a
> batchdate in a particular format (this batchdate is part of the
> filepath)
> Thanks,
> DR

View raw message