From Deepak Reddy <dre...@couponsinc.com>
Subject RE: Oozie coordinator xml data input dependency
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 03:06:55 GMT
My job A writes the output as data/user/dreddy/input/yyyyMMddHHmm (5min freq)

Each instance of job B (5min freq) should look for corresponding job A directory as above

So in my <datasets> tag I have hdfs://${namenodeval}/data/user/dreddy/input/${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}${HOUR}${MINUTE}

Where initial instance of job A is same as startdate of job B

Also in the <input-events> section I have the start and end instance as ${coord:current(0)}
(since job B is dependent on only one dataset of job A)

I created 2 instances of job A as /data/user/dreddy/input/201110010545 and /data/user/dreddy/input/201110010550

And when I ran the XML I see that the coord jobs are in Waiting state all the time (doesn't
launch any workflow jobs)

Am I missing something in my coord XML ?

Thanks,
DR

-----Original Message-----
From: Angelo K. Huang [mailto:angelohuang@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:44 PM
To: oozie-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Oozie coordinator xml data input dependency

If you want to specify the time stamp at url-template, there are other variable that you can
use: For example, ${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}${HOUR}.
The coord:nominalTime
is not available at url-templates. Could you try use YEAR, MONTH, etc at your coordinator.xml's
dataset instead? Let us know if it works for you.

http://yahoo.github.com/oozie/releases/3.1.0/CoordinatorFunctionalSpec.html#a5.1._Synchronous_Datasets

Thanks,
Angelo