From Mohammad Islam <misla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: workflow visualization
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:38:42 GMT
Hi Jacob,
We are very delighted that you want to contribute on this.
Please create a JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE.
We will discuss the details over there.
Again thanks for the proposal and we are ready to help you.

Regards,
Mohammad

________________________________
From: Jacob Perkins <jacob.a.perkins@gmail.com>
To: oozie-users@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 8:27 AM
Subject: workflow visualization

Hello,

   Since an oozie workflow can be represented as a graph, is there
already (or work being done on) a tool for visualizing oozie workflows?

   If not, I would like to create such a tool. To do this I imagine
parsing the workflow definition, resolving references to sub-workflows,
and creating a nested structure of classes that describe the full
workflow. This description could then be serialized as json and fed to a
javascript library like d3.js (or something along those lines) for
visualization and interaction.

   I would really rather not write a parser to create the workflow
description/graph structure when oozie must be doing this work
internally. Could someone point me to the classes responsible for this
work?

--jacob
@thedatachef