From Jacob Perkins <jacob.a.perk...@gmail.com>
Subject workflow visualization
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:27:50 GMT
Hello,

   Since an oozie workflow can be represented as a graph, is there
already (or work being done on) a tool for visualizing oozie workflows?

   If not, I would like to create such a tool. To do this I imagine
parsing the workflow definition, resolving references to sub-workflows,
and creating a nested structure of classes that describe the full
workflow. This description could then be serialized as json and fed to a
javascript library like d3.js (or something along those lines) for
visualization and interaction.

   I would really rather not write a parser to create the workflow
description/graph structure when oozie must be doing this work
internally. Could someone point me to the classes responsible for this
work?

--jacob
@thedatachef