From Mohammad Islam <misla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Oozie setup issue
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 22:37:29 GMT
Hi,
What is the value of "oozie.service.JPAService.create.db.schema" or "oozie.service.StoreService.create.db.schema"
in your oozie-defaults.xml
 and oozie-site.xml?

I'm not sure how CDH version was packaged.
If you want your system to auto create the tables, you need to set it to 'true'.
Also please include more log associated to the error.

Thanks,
Mohammad

________________________________
From: "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.goeke@monsanto.com>
To: "oozie-users@incubator.apache.org" <oozie-users@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2011 3:27 PM
Subject: Oozie setup issue

I am having issues setting up the version of oozie that comes with CDH3u1 (pretty sure 2.2)
from the included rpm. So far I have:

*ran the rpm
*chown'ed the oozie directories over to the oozie user / group (for some reason the rpm didn't
do that)
*changed JRE_HOME to point to our current Java version
*added OOZIE_CHECK_OWNER=true to confirm ownership during startup
*added the ability to -u oozie into the sudoers
*added in the extjs dependency using the oozie-setup.sh

I have debugged through several things but now I seem to be hitting a brick wall. For some
reason I getting the below error in the oozie.log file found in /var/log/oozie/ and I am at
a loss at this point for what I am missing. I know it is some minor oversight but I would
love some help on this and I can include the full log if necessary. Thanks in advance :)

Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.ReportingSQLException: DDL is not permitted for a read-only
connection, user or database.

Matt

to be received only by persons entitled
to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and
all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail
by you is strictly prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence
of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such
code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations
of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations
issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you
are obligated to comply with all