From Marek Miglinski <mmiglin...@seven.com>
Subject Is it possible to get all PIG error codes in Oozie?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:30:02 GMT
Hey guys,

I've encountered with interesting situation when I run a Pig job through Oozie. When Pig doesn't
get any input data it throws "Message: org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException:
ERROR 2118: No input paths specified in job", after that Oozie goes right to <kill>
tag in XML. Now, how do I get PIG's ERROR code? Because I see that Oozie only has got functions:
${wf:errorMessage(wf:lastErrorNode())} which outputs:
Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]
${wf:errorCode('Calculations')} which outputs:
2
${wf:lastErrorNode()} which outputs:
Calculations

Error exit code [2] is thrown by "ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser - ERROR 2244:
Job failed, hadoop does not return any error message Intercepting System.exit(2)" Which is
thrown in any situation, but I need a specific case, when PIG doesn't got any data to parse,
so I could handle that by another Job... Is there a way?