From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad site certificate
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 09:54:36 GMT
On 02/11/2012 NoOp wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 10:45 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> But you are welcome to weigh in directly on
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5450 :
> Thanks, but no thanks. I suppose I could provide a server trace&
> wireshark session file etc., but I doubt that it will do any good

It would probably help more than me just reposting your messages there.
I shared your analysis on the issue page, but I cannot continue the
technical discussion there as a middle-man. Anyway, let's see if there
is a way to get rid of this security warning.

Unfortunately, a solution might be to use HTTPS on
https://ooo-site.apache.org/ only, thus switching
https://www.openoffice.org off; this is largely suboptimal but I agree
with you that random users who do not want to look at the certificate
details will interpret a security warning as something worse than having
no security, i.e., HTTP only...

Regards,
   Andrea.