From "johnny smith" <ka...@krovatka.su>
Subject Re: hyphenation with US English
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:42:12 GMT
On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:24:41 -0000, VA <cuyfalls@hotmail.com> wrote:

> In my Extension Manager, I now have two American English dictionaries
> listed. The originally installed English(USA) dictionary is locked and I
> can't remove it. It has a lock icon next to it.

the lock icon is due to the dictionaty having been installed as a program component rather
than an extension. you can delete it through "add/remove programs" tool of your system by
choosing "custom" option.

> If I click on Languages in my Options menu, there is only one option for
> English(USA). I'm not sure which of the two English dictionaries this is
> referring to.

the "languages" item of the "options" menu is not quite what you need. the list of available
language modules is under the "language settings/writing aids" section of the options. the
"edit..." button lets you choose a spellchecker and hyphenator for each distinct language.