From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I download Open Office on to my iPad?????
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:59:13 GMT

On 2012-10-10 1:38 PM Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Have you test this? I have read their description, it never said you
> need to be online to use this software. It does mention something like
> this:

The previous paragraph to the one you quoted below says:

    "Our cloud based solution allows you to access the full functionality of a LibreOffice
    applications and programs just like on a desktop with the best of breed integration with
    other quick network file systems."

It can't be cloud based unless you are online.

> "Documents Unlimited currently supports the management of documents on
> the device itself as well as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and Google
> Docs and it also supports Wifi and USB transfer between your computer
> and iPad. There is also a file manager where you can take documents to
> go with you. If you are connected to the Internet, you can also edit
> your documents through our cloud based solution."

It specifically says "If you are connected to the Internet, you can also edit
your documents through our cloud based solution."
It does not say anything about editing documents when you are offline. It only says it can

manage documents on the device itself.

> I would think that they would mention that you need to be online to
> use the whole application and not just an extra functionality.

They did.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada