From "VA" <cuyfa...@hotmail.com>
Subject hyphenation with US English
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 23:29:14 GMT
I am new to this list, and I don’t know what has previously been discussed, so please forgive
me if I’m redundant.
Since the days of Oracle, I have noticed that OpenOffice with the US English dictionary hyphenates
words at the wrong place (Op-enOffice, res-ults, mathem-atics, etc.) I checked the Bugzilla
and found a bug reported on the matter (119087), but it is listed as “unconfirmed.”
Have any other US English users noticed this? Is it, in fact, a bug, or is there a fix within
the settings of the current program?
I’m using AOO 3.4.1 on a Win7 laptop. I have hyphenation set to keep 2 letters at the end
of a line and at least 3 letters at the beginning of the next line. My Extension Manager tells
me my English dictionary is dated 2010/03/16. It’s the dictionary that was loaded with the
program. I have added nothing else to the standard install.
(For what its worth, the current LibreOffice does not share this behavior. Its US English
dictionary hyphenates words at the right places.)
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Virgil