From "VA" <cuyfa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: hyphenation with US English
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 23:34:56 GMT
Andrea,

Thank you for the good insight. I'll do some digging and see if the new
dictionary I downloaded has a hyph_en_US.dic file.

Virgil

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Pescetti
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 7:09 PM
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: hyphenation with US English

On 19/10/2012 VA wrote:
>> US English dictionary hyphenates words at the wrong place
>> (Op-enOffice, res-ults, mathem-atics, etc.)  ...
> In my Extension Manager, I now have two American English dictionaries
> listed.

Note that:
- Dictionary and hyphenation patterns are usually shipped in the same
package, but they are independent.
- Hyphenation patterns are in a file named hyph_en_US.dic
- If you get, from any source, another dictionary extension, you might
want, instead of installing it, to unzip it (open it with any ZIP
handling program, like 7-Zip), take only the file hyph_en_US.dic and
overwrite the file hyph_en_US.dic from your OpenOffice installation; do
this when OpenOffice is closed and the Quickstarter (OpenOffice icon in
system tray) is not running, then reboot.
- Extension updates are currently disabled, so "check for updates" will
always tell you that no extension updates are available.

Of course, if you find hyphenation patterns that work better we might
want to include them in the next releases, so please give us the precise
link to download them and we will check license compatibility and
possibly include them.

Regards,
   Andrea.