From "VA" <cuyfa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: hyphenation with US English
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:24:41 GMT
Okay,

I downloaded an extensive American English dictionary from the LibreOffice
extension repository. I installed it using the Apache OpenOffice Extension
Manager.

In my Extension Manager, I now have two American English dictionaries
listed. The originally installed English(USA) dictionary is locked and I
can't remove it. It has a lock icon next to it.

If I click on Languages in my Options menu, there is only one option for
English(USA). I'm not sure which of the two English dictionaries this is
referring to. It appears as if this is the original English dictionary, but
I'm not sure.

Does anyone know how to make the new dictionary available in my Languages
drop down menus? This assumes, of course that the English(USA) option is, in
fact, the old English dictionary. If the new dictionary is the one listed in
my drop down languages, then it hasn't solved the hyphenation problem. It's
still hyphenating words at the wrong location.

Virgil

-----Original Message-----
From: VA
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 10:54 AM
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: hyphenation with US English

When I click on "Get more extensions online," it takes me to the Apache
repository of extensions. If I click on "Dictionaries," it only shows one
English US dictionary, which as a date that is older than the one that came
with the computer. I'm hesitant to download an older version of a
dictionary.

Virgil