From Alan Boba <abo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to drag cell contents to another cell
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 05:32:25 GMT
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Hans van der Ven <hansvdv@optonline.net>wrote:

> I have not found out how to drag cell contents from one cell to another.
> At present I am highlighting the cell, then cut the contents,then move to
> the new location and paste.
> How can I drag the contents?
> Please advise.
> Hans
>
> Hans - a number of methods are available. I can provide mine, of course.
Perhaps others will chime in with the other methods and you can pick the
one that suits you.

Terms
click - press and release left mouse button just once
ctrl+click - press ctrl key and hold it down then click (press and release)
with mouse, then release ctrl key
click and hold - press and hold left mouse button

method for selecting and moving only one cell
1. click on cell with contents you wish to move
2. ctrl+click on same cell
3. click+hold on same cell, drag and drop contents to new location