From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: aoo for android
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:20:17 GMT
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Gaspar Núñez <nurogaleo@gmail.com> wrote:

> it seems to me the point is very simple:
>
> if users want to use tablets and oo is not available for tablets
> users will migrate to something else, in my case,
> i´m using kingsoft office
>
> one common problem with free software advocates and developers
> is they want people to think and work the way they want,
> which, as a matter of fact, goes against the very principle of freedom

You are free to think what you want, if you think is a good idea, go and do
it, the code is there. Convincing that it make market sense and see it eye
to eye, has nothing to do with freedom, but of persuasion.

If you got the munchies for a chocolate pizza made of cookie dough, the
chef will first think you are crazy, then think how expensive will it be to
make, and finally who will want to eat a pizza size cookie. (nobody is
doing anything at this point, just exchanging crazy ideas)

If you already show a somewhat version of a rough cookie dough that doesn't
taste like crap, maybe the chef can give u some pointers to make it happen.

That's how open source works. Nobody is prohibiting for going and make your
cookie-based pizza experiment.