From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Can I download Open Office on to my iPad?????
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:12:28 GMT
On 10/10/12, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
> BTW there are many tablets that run OpenOffice, including the Zatab
> http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html from Zareason and WeTab
> http://wetab.mobi
>
> There are a bit more than a chinese knockoff, but still is an
> interesting market to look ahead.
>
> KDE also have been working on Vivaldi which will run their desktop
> http://makeplaylive.com/

Ah forgot the point.. the point was. We should look for ways to make a
more tablet compliant user experience. Sure Tablets (beyond the iPad)
are not as popular, but there is a product and a market for them. Also
as OS move to other platforms AOO would move with them. Having a
configurable UX will make our chances better to REMAIN as the default
office option for that OS.

Here is a screenshot of an android spreadsheet:
http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/SC20111129-110526_thumb.jpg

OOo4Kids also did some of these UX improvements to adapt to small
screens like OLPC's XO.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GkihiVpI70I/TU_3_OvmS9I/AAAAAAAAAAQ/2HKgnHdCfBg/s1600/Captura+pantalla+de+%2522Planeamiento+del+2do+ciclo..odt+-+OOo4Kids+Writer%2522.png

Is a minor adaptation, but this is much better than 3 or 5 top-level
toolbars. Maybe sideway panes, can become grid menus that can allow
users to pull in the screen similar to Androids App menu.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice