From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Can I download Open Office on to my iPad?????
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:38:27 GMT
On 10/10/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:

>>> So what office software (compatible with ODF) do you run on an iPad?
>>
>> Doing a google search  I found what looks like an OOo / AOO adaptation to
>> ios6
>> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-2-unlimited-office/id504968354?mt=8
>>

> That is virtualized/remoted to a server instance running OpenOffice.
> So not really an iOS port.

Have you test this? I have read their description, it never said you
need to be online to use this software. It does mention something like
this:

"Documents Unlimited currently supports the management of documents on
the device itself as well as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and Google
Docs and it also supports Wifi and USB transfer between your computer
and iPad. There is also a file manager where you can take documents to
go with you. If you are connected to the Internet, you can also edit
your documents through our cloud based solution."

I would think that they would mention that you need to be online to
use the whole application and not just an extra functionality.

> -Rob
>

>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Johnny Rosenberg
>>> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ