From M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting hyperlinks to open in a new window
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:35:37 GMT
2012/10/24 Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.asplint@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> In OpenOffice/LibreOffice, when I embed hyperlinks, how can I make
> sure they will open in new windows?
>
> I've tried both the in-house Help function and Google, but not found
> anything useful quickly. Any help you can offer would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jeff Deutsch
> Speaker & Life Coach
> A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
> http://www.asplint.com

Jeffry, I suspect that this is something that is rather regulated at the
level of the *reader*'s web browser, rather than that of the writer's
office suite. Thus, for example, when I perform «Ctrl + click» to open  a
hyperlink in a Writer document, if I've configured my browser (Firefox
Nightly 19.0a1 (2012-10-23)) so that «Open windows in a new tab» is ticked,
it opens in a new tab in the same window, whereas if this option is not
ticked, a new FF window is opened with a single tab, i e, in which the page
to which I've linked is launched. But perhaps I'm missing something....

Henri