From Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.aspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting hyperlinks to open in a new window
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 18:41:40 GMT
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 01:35 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
>>
>> 2012/10/24 Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.asplint@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In OpenOffice/LibreOffice, when I embed hyperlinks, how can I make
>>> sure they will open in new windows?
>>>
>>> I've tried both the in-house Help function and Google, but not found
>>> anything useful quickly. Any help you can offer would be very much
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Jeff Deutsch
>>> Speaker & Life Coach
>>> A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
>>> http://www.asplint.com
>>>
>> Jeffry, I suspect that this is something that is rather regulated at the
>> level of the *reader*'s web browser, rather than that of the writer's
>> office suite. Thus, for example, when I perform «Ctrl + click» to open  a
>> hyperlink in a Writer document, if I've configured my browser (Firefox
>> Nightly 19.0a1 (2012-10-23)) so that «Open windows in a new tab» is
>> ticked,
>> it opens in a new tab in the same window, whereas if this option is not
>> ticked, a new FF window is opened with a single tab, i e, in which the
>> page
>> to which I've linked is launched. But perhaps I'm missing something....
>>
>> Henri
>>
>      Do you mean you want to use the hyperlink to open another Apache
> OpenOffice document (text, spreadsheet, slide show, or database)? If so, a
> macro is more likely what you would need instead of a hyperlink.
>
> --Dan

Hello Dan,

No. Rather, when I embed a link to a website, I want (or rather, my
editor wants me) to set it so that when someone clicks on it, the site
comes up in a new window. She explained how it's done in Microsoft
Word. How can I arrange that in OpenOffice/LibreOffice?

Thank you very much!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Your mood can affect how you read this e-mail. Please read it with a smile.
(http://tonecheck.com)