From Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apparently unwanted subscriptions
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:45:25 GMT
2012/10/18 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com>:
> 2012/10/18 Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>:
>> There is a constant stream of "unsubscribe" requests from people who do not seem
able to read or execute the unsubscribe instructions on the bottom of the postings.

>> Should we consider either an intelligence test as part of the subscription process
("How many blue beans make five" sort of question), or a double confirm email, spaced by some
time gap (several hours)?

>> --
>> Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>
>
> I think I will just create a filter that moves all those ”please
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

Another idea would be to just add another way to unsubscribe:
Just email the list with the word ”unsubscribe” (a few different
spellings allowed) somewhere in the subject field, and you are
unsubscribed automatically, after confirming. The unsubscribe email
should not reach the list.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ