From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Calc: can the whole row be highlighted automatically when focus on a cell?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 03:03:37 GMT
At 10:05 18/10/2012 +0800, Lou QingLe wrote:
>I am editing a calc file, and have to change data in discontinuous
>cells row by row.
>
>In order to avoid changing data of another row, I follow the steps for each:
>1. edit data in one cell, e.g. C111
>2. highlight the whole row manually to help me to locate the next
>cell that need modify, e.g. F111
>4. repeat highlight then select till this row finished.
>
>It will be helpful if the row can be highlighted automatically when
>I focus or edit a cell...

Here's a workaround: when you have finished editing the first cell in
a row, instead of confirming your edit by pressing Enter, press
right-arrow.  This confirms the editing and moves focus along in the
same row.  Press right-arrow repeatedly until you reach the next cell
to be edited.  Repeat as necessary.

If you wish, you can also confirm each edit by pressing the green
Accept tick mark next to the Input Line.  This confirms the edit
without moving focus away from the cell being edited, thus again
keeping focus in the same row.  Then use right-arrow as before.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker