From douglas w soderdahl <dsoderd...@me.com>
Subject Re: hyphenation with US English … ATTN: WEBMASTER!
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 13:50:59 GMT
10.21.12

I have repeatedly [10x +] clicked on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of these emails,
but continue to receive them.

Please UNSUBSCRIBE me to these emailings!

Thank you,

doug soderdahl

Douglas W Soderdahl, MD, FACS
411 Hobron Lane, #3808
Honolulu, HI, USA 96815.1220
Phone: 808.388.7280
Eddress: <dsoderdahl@mac.com>

On Oct 21, 2012, at 5:27 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:

Some hints with screenshots here also: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

NB: I'm not sure the lock means that you can remove it by the Add/Remove control panel (but
I may be wrong). It usually means that it has been installed for all users at the standard
install. To remove it, you need to tweak the installation files (have a look at the detailed
topic linked in the first post of the troubleshooting tutorial).

Hagar

Le 20/10/2012 15:42, johnny smith a écrit :

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:24:41 -0000, VA <cuyfalls@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In my Extension Manager, I now have two American English dictionaries
>> listed. The originally installed English(USA) dictionary is locked and I
>> can't remove it. It has a lock icon next to it.
>
> the lock icon is due to the dictionaty having been installed as a program component rather
than an extension. you can delete it through "add/remove programs" tool of your system by
choosing "custom" option.

>> If I click on Languages in my Options menu, there is only one option for
>> English(USA). I'm not sure which of the two English dictionaries this is
>> referring to.
>
> the "languages" item of the "options" menu is not quite what you need. the list of available
language modules is under the "language settings/writing aids" section of the options. the
"edit..." button lets you choose a spellchecker and hyphenator for each distinct language.