From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: crashing
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:59:55 GMT
Sometimes, new versions change slightly the way configuration files are handled. It can lead
to inconsistencies that are fixed by a brand new profile.

It's quite difficult to investigate (there are so much configuration files). It is possible
by putting files from the former profile into the new one and see when the problem occurs.
But well, once it's fixed by the profile reset, why bother? Devs could do that but perhaps
they don't face such troubles.

So the first step worth a try is indeed to reset the profile: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

Hagar

Le 29/10/2012 17:26, wils_mail@compuserve.com a écrit :

> Hi, I'm having the same problem since updating to v3.4.1.  I read a thread on this forum
over the weekend suggesting that it could be caused by a corrupted user profile.

> I am sure that it is because of the recent update.  I did not upgrade until v3.4.1 was
available so went from v3.3 straight to v3.4.1 although I don't see why this should have corrupted
my user profile.