From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Has anyone managed to get the spellchecking working
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:29:16 GMT
Some hints with screenshots here also: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

Hagar

Le 26/10/2012 08:29, Bret Busby a écrit :

> Hello.
>
> I am running Open Office 3 on Debian 6 ;
>
> "
> OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
> OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
> ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Debian package 1:3.2.1-11+squeeze7
> "
>
> I have not been able to get the spellchecking working.
>
> All of the switches are set, for the spell checking to work, and to "check spelling as
you type", but, even if I manually try to get the spell checker to check a document, it simply
tells me that it has completed, but it does not pick up any errors.

> Has anyone managed to get the spellchecker working in Open Offioce writer 3.x, and, if
so, what does it take, to get it to work?

> I have even enabled the unknown (to me) dictionary of Attilla the Hun or whatever it
is, that is the first dictionary listed, in addition to the standard dictionary, but every
possible spelling is apparently allowed, and no spellchecking appears to occur.