From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad site certificate
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 04:22:16 GMT
NoOp wrote:
> On 10/18/2012 05:58 PM, James Knott wrote:
>> Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> Are you maybe using a browser extension that enforces HTTPS?
>> Yes, I am using an add-on called HTTPS-Everywhere, which uses HTTPS
>> where possible.
> www.openoffice.org uses an invalid security certificate.

OK, but in this case I would just say that HTTPS is unsupported: the
browser add-on you are using is trying to enforce HTTPS, but we never
advertise the HTTPS address. By chance, we happen to answer HTTPS
requests too, but removing it would solve the problem too. Anyway, I
agree that the optimal solution would be to fix the certificate and I
opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5450 to track this.

Regards,
   Andrea.