From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: hyphenation with US English
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 09:27:24 GMT
Some hints with screenshots here also: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

NB: I'm not sure the lock means that you can remove it by the Add/Remove control panel (but
I may be wrong). It usually means that it has been installed for all users at the standard
install. To remove it, you need to tweak the installation files (have a look at the detailed
topic linked in the first post of the troubleshooting tutorial).

Hagar

Le 20/10/2012 15:42, johnny smith a écrit :

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:24:41 -0000, VA <cuyfalls@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In my Extension Manager, I now have two American English dictionaries
>> listed. The originally installed English(USA) dictionary is locked and I
>> can't remove it. It has a lock icon next to it.
>
> the lock icon is due to the dictionaty having been installed as a program component rather
than an extension. you can delete it through "add/remove programs" tool of your system by
choosing "custom" option.

>> If I click on Languages in my Options menu, there is only one option for
>> English(USA). I'm not sure which of the two English dictionaries this is
>> referring to.
>
> the "languages" item of the "options" menu is not quite what you need. the list of available
language modules is under the "language settings/writing aids" section of the options. the
"edit..." button lets you choose a spellchecker and hyphenator for each distinct language.