From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Calc: can the whole row be highlighted automatically when focus on a cell?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:53:10 GMT
	Hi,

On 18.10.2012 04:05, lou ql wrote:
> I am editing a calc file, and have to change data in discontinuous cells
> row by row.
>
> In order to avoid changing data of another row, I follow the steps for each:
> 1. edit data in one cell, e.g. C111
> 2. highlight the whole row manually to help me to locate the the next cell
> that need modify, e.g. F111
> 4. repeat highlight then select till this row finished.
>
> It will be helpful if the row can be highlighted automatically when I focus
> or edit a cell...

In Draw/Impress there is a feature called 'Guides when moving'
(view/toolbars/options, on options toolbar press 'guide when moving').
It shows help lines beyond the selection when moving it; background is
to have easier optical alignments and hints at the rulers (if visible).

Something similar could be an option in calc: We already have the
selection represented by system selection color and transparence; with
an activated mode a 'cross' of even more transparent overlay could be
painted over the row/column where the cursor is.

Just my 2 cents...
Sincerely,
	Armin
--