From James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: aoo for android
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:59:03 GMT
Fernando Cassia wrote:
> So if you edit a PDF file with a nice table and change one value, the other
> values are not updated accordingly by the viewer, as the pdf reader has no
> idea whatsoever of what a spreadsheet is.

When you read a book, how often do you change the contents?  If you are
publishing something, the content is generally fixed.  PDF is quite
useful for that.  There are some situations, where the structure must
also be retained, where epub is not suitable.  I have read some
technical books in epub that left me wondering where something was.  The
same book in PDF is laid out exactly as the paper version would be.