From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: Openoffice crash
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:30:16 GMT
Elisa e Pino Armillei wrote:
> I then clicked on the "Openoffice" icons on my desktop. The message
> window that I get all the times is that (I'm trying to translate form
> Italian) :  "To perform the operation you requested you need higher
> privileges." Then it would not allow me to use "Openoffice" anymore.

Make sure you have proper privileges (did you install as administrator?).

If you still have problems, it might be easier for us to discuss on the
two support channels for Italian users. They are both managed by
volunteers and they are: the forum at and
the mailing list ooo-utenti-it (subscribe by sending an empty message to and then send your
questions to ; you will also receive
questions and answers from other users).

> I havent been able to do anything on the many (actually a lot of
> them) documents that I need to modify.

Use the portable version at ; it doesn't require
installation and it will work for you while you restore the OpenOffice

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message