From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: having major problem with a database, please help quickly!
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 21:58:54 GMT
Hi Shannon,

Wellington Equine Associates (Shannon) schrieb:
> I think I maybe have a big "fubar" on my hands.  And pardon my
> ignorance because I don't "speak" computerese.  Yesterday I created a
> Table Mailing List database.  All was well.  Today I needed to add
> some more people to the list.  That was fine.  Was also able to sort
> it to keep it alphabetized by last name.  My problem started when I
> wanted to change the ID field to automatic.  I think that it accepted
> the change, but didn't change when I opened the table again.  I went
> back into edit to change it back and somehow I deleted the ID field,
> which to me was not that big of a deal, but it moved all of my
> information over a field i.e., my "first name" was now in the Title
> field and all of the Title information was gone.  So, I went in and
> renamed the fields to what they were now showing.  When I went back
> to look at the table again, the information had shifted again and
> this time the first names were missing.  Each change I made in the
> field titles resulted in more missing information.  How do I get ALL
> of my info back???  I don't want to have to start all over and I did
> not have the backup copy option selected.  I have in the meantime
> chosen it.  Please help soon!  Thank you! Shannon

I have read the other posts, but it is still not clear to me what kind
of "database" you are using.

You should have a file with file extension .odb in the folder 'database'
in your user directory (If you do not know, how to go to your user
directory, please ask.) Start that file. Left bottom, in the status bar,
there is a string, which tells you, which database you are using.

Kind regards
Regina