incubator-ooo-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: having major problem with a database, please help quickly!
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 17:44:10 GMT
On 10/05/2012 01:08 PM, Wellington Equine Associates (Shannon) wrote:
> I think I maybe have a big "fubar" on my hands.  And pardon my ignorance because I don't
"speak" computerese.  Yesterday I created a Table Mailing List database.  All was well.  Today
I needed to add some more people to the list.  That was fine.  Was also able to sort it to
keep it alphabetized by last name.  My problem started when I wanted to change the ID field
to automatic.  I think that it accepted the change, but didn't change when I opened the table
again.  I went back into edit to change it back and somehow I deleted the ID field, which
to me was not that big of a deal, but it moved all of my information over a field i.e., my
"first name" was now in the Title field and all of the Title information was gone.  So, I
went in and renamed the fields to what they were now showing.  When I went back to look at
the table again, the information had shifted again and this time the first names were missing.
 Each change I made in the field titles resulted in more missing information.  How do I get
ALL of my info back???  I don't want to have to start all over and I did not have the backup
copy option selected.  I have in the meantime chosen it.  Please help soon!  Thank you!
> Shannon
      Try this: With Writer open, use the F4 key to open the Data Source 
window. You should see a list of databases on the left side including 
Table Mailing List. If you see it, click the arrow to its left to reveal 
the queries and tables it contains. Click the arrow in front of Tables 
to reveal the tables (there is probably only the one table). Click the 
table. The right side of the Data Source window contains a table with 
the field names for the column headings. In spite of what you wrote, all 
of the fields and their data is likely in this table.
      This is another possibility: What you did was to change the 
settings in Mail Merge. If this is the case and you still have the table 
with the data, you probably should Begin mail merge from the beginning 
selecting the fields needed and placing them where you need them.

--Dan


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message