From Brian Barker <>
Subject Re: Calc: can the whole row be highlighted automatically when focus on a cell?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 03:54:09 GMT
At 05:04 18/10/2012 +0200, Haim (Howard) Roman wrote:
>On 18/10/2012 1:05 PM, Lou QingLe wrote:
>>I am editing a calc file, and have to change data in discontinuous
>>cells row by row.
>>In order to avoid changing data of another row, I follow the steps for each:
>>1. edit data in one cell, e.g. C111
>>2. highlight the whole row manually to help me to locate the next
>>cell that need modify, e.g. F111
>>4. repeat highlight then select till this row finished.
>>It will be helpful if the row can be highlighted automatically when
>>I focus or edit a cell...
>Is there a way to select some sort of table format so that, e.g.,
>every 3rd row is a different color?  That would help you keep track.

o Select the relevant material.
o Go To Format | AutoFormat... and select a suitable format - perhaps Yellow?
o To avoid changing the formatting of the cells in other ways, click
More and remove the ticks under Formatting from everything except Pattern.
o After you have finished editing, select the material and go to
Format | Default Formatting.

o Apply different background colours to two or more (probably more) rows.
o Select the coloured rows.
o Double-click the Format Paintbrush in the Standard toolbar.
o Drag the (paint bucket) cursor down additional rows to repeat the
pattern of coloured rows.
o Again, use Format | Default Formatting to remove the striping after use.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: