From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Fwd: Footer: how do I change content WITHOUT restarting numbering
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 02:22:23 GMT
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:40:07 -0700
LA King <laking@alum.colby.edu> wrote:

> I have a long doc with sections within chapters
>
> I  want to label in the footer the section without having to restart the
> numbering, changing only the text
>
>  Calendar  /  page 1
>  Calendar  /  page 2
>  Readings  /  page 3
>  Readings  /  page 4
>
> Microsoft Word did this by putting in a New Section marker allowing changes
> to the footer in that section
>
> --
> L.A. King
> 572 Bokman Place
> Sonoma, CA 95476-3672
> laking@alum.colby.edu

In OpenOffice, each time one wishes to change the content in a page header/footer one should
use a different page Style; in the case you are using you may need to define new Page Styles
based on the same original, styles which may only differ in the detail of name.  For helpful
information consult
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=44607 [Tutorial: Page Styles
and Headers/Footers]

--