From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Open Office problem
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 03:20:00 GMT
On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:24:44 -0700
Goodson <coso.poha@verizon.net> wrote:

> I am rather certain that the file was corrupted when an update was
> downloaded.
> How can I initiate an new download?
>
> The long list show in the link you suggested seems of little use.
>
> Thanks for a rapid response anyway.
>

> On 10/24/2012 19:10, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 18:58:00 -0700
> > Goodson <coso.poha@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Can't log in to report a problem that suddenly appeared with OpenOffice.
> >>

> >> Open Office now underlines each and every black font word with a wiggly
> >> red line indicating misspelling.
> >> What to do?
> >> Not EVERY word is misspelled.
> >> Coso.poha@verizon.net
> > Your spellcheck is incorrectlly (or not at all) set up. See
> > http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=67
> > for help.

You can get a fresh copy of OpenOffice from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Your problem is unlikely to be a corrupted download.  You should first try  to delete or rename
your User Profile; details are given in
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

Simply reinstalling a fresh copy of OpenOffice does _not_ install a new User Profile; it picks
up an existing profile, even if corrupt.  Experience on the User Forum shows that most spellcheck
probll#ems are cured by systematically working through the tutorial I referred you to.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>