From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] OO-dev was Re: Help please
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 00:10:04 GMT

Hi Gary,

On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 04:51:24PM -0700, NoOp wrote:
> With apologies to the OP of this thread... I see you've gotten your
> issue sorted out, so I hope that you don't mind if I side-track your
> thread for a bit in order to sort out the OO-dev install. Thanks.
>
> On 10/06/2012 08:54 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 05:53:01PM -0700, NoOp wrote:
> >> Interesting:
> >> <http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html>
> >> [Download Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1]
> >> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds>
> >> [Unofficial Developer Builds for Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1]
> >
> > Oh, shame on us, these "Dev.Snaps" are the 3.4.1 release. Real Developer
> > Snapshots can be found at
> > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/r1391723/ (they install as
> > OOo Dev 3.5 without replacing the current stable installation). We
> > should start building a new Dev. Snapshot by this next week.
>
> Thanks Ariel. I have the deb build on this machine:
> AOO350m1(Build:9610)  -  Rev. 1373721
> 2012-08-16_04:25:33-Rev.1373730
> and just downloaded and installed the RPM build on Fedora 17.
> AOO350m1(Build:9610)  -  Rev. 1391723
> 2012-09-30_06:33:16-Rev.1373730 - Linux i686
>
> On the new RPM build installs just fine as Oo-dev 3.5.0. Well done &
> thanks for that (OO-dev).
>
> On the new RPM build no desktop-integration directory & file is
> included. Is that on purpose, or a problem with the build? Note: It was
> easy enough to add the soffice menu by hand, but just curious to see if
> if was not included on purpose.

By definition, Developer Snapshots don't come with desktop integration
(I can't recall if in OOo times they did this differently, but I guess
it was the same, as we didn't change anything in this area).

May be it makes sense to design a minimal desktop integration with the
*.desktop files and their respective images only, but no mime
definitions.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile