incubator-ooo-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "john@terabyte-hosting.com" <j...@terabyte-hosting.com>
Subject Re: having major problem with a database, please help quickly!
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 18:17:42 GMT
Stupid question here, ia there no recent backup of the database?

Also, you can dump the SQL the way it is right now, then in an editor and an empty column
in the location where the column that got deleted, and just set the field to null.

Back to the database and drop the table, then import your modified SQL file

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Dan Lewis" <elderdanlewis@gmail.com>
To: <ooo-users@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: "Wellington Equine Associates (Shannon)" <shannonwequine@aol.com>
Subject: having major problem with a database,  please help quickly!
Date: Fri, Oct 5, 2012 13:44


On 10/05/2012 01:08 PM, Wellington Equine Associates (Shannon) wrote:
> I think I maybe have a big "fubar" on my hands.  And pardon my ignorance because I don't
"speak" computerese.  Yesterday I created a Table Mailing List database.  All was well.  Today
I needed to add some more people to the list.  That was fine.  Was also able to sort it to
keep it alphabetized by last name.  My problem started when I wanted to change the ID field
to automatic.  I think that it accepted the change, but didn't change when I opened the table
again.  I went back into edit to change it back and somehow I deleted the ID field, which
to me was not that big of a deal, but it moved all of my information over a field i.e., my
"first name" was now in the Title field and all of the Title information was gone.  So, I
went in and renamed the fields to what they were now showing.  When I went back to look at
the table again, the information had shifted again and this time the first names were missing.
 Each change I made in the field titles resulted in more missing information.  How do I get
ALL of my info back???  I don't want to have to start all over and I did not have the backup
copy option selected.  I have in the meantime chosen it.  Please help soon!  Thank you!
> Shannon
     Try this: With Writer open, use the F4 key to open the Data Source
window. You should see a list of databases on the left side including Table Mailing List.
If you see it, click the arrow to its left to reveal
the queries and tables it contains. Click the arrow in front of Tables to reveal the tables
(there is probably only the one table). Click the table. The right side of the Data Source
window contains a table with the field names for the column headings. In spite of what you
wrote, all
of the fields and their data is likely in this table.
     This is another possibility: What you did was to change the settings in Mail Merge. If
this is the case and you still have the table
with the data, you probably should Begin mail merge from the beginning selecting the fields
needed and placing them where you need them.

--Dan


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message